San Francisco Nike Women’s Half Marathon is done!
Some points to note:
1) My official time was 2:20:31. 10 minutes faster than my goal time!!
2) The hills either weren’t as hard as I expected, or I was more prepared than I thought. Not sure which one but either way I will take it!
3) they let the walkers out at the same time so I was bobbing and weaving through the first 5 miles. Which lead me to learn although I start out nice saying “excuse me, on your left” after about 20 minutes of this I turn into a huge bitch screaming “MOVE! Walkers on the right!” as I shove past them with sharp elbows.
4) B got up at 5:45am and walked me to the start. He stayed till I started. Then was at the finish line waiting for me. I have the best husband in the world.
5) My best girlfriends from here ALL were at the finish line. They all fought the crowd and got there an hour early to see my run by. I have the best friends in the world.
6) I didn’t walk once which was another secret goal I had! So proud!
7) Overall was a great day - but am happy all the running and training is over!
10 minutes faster even with the hills! I am still riding high from that one!