I went to MFT’s bootcamp today as per my usual Wednesday routine. I was totally dragging - I couldn’t sleep last night. I was up late, then woke up at 1:30, 2am, 3:30, and I think again at 5:50. So of course I feel exhausted today which is annoying. Anyway here it is:
15 min warm up: the usual - squat hops, jogging, shuffling laterally, mountain climbers, body builders, quick feet, lunges, duck walk, jumping jacks, etc, etc.
There were 6 stations today:
- Pistols on the step with 5 risers underneath. 5 on the left, 5 on the right and repeat. It’s so hard. I can’t really do them without putting my other food down for a second. MFT said the trick is so squeeze everything as hard as possible, when I do that I am almost there - but still not quite. I think I just need to practice more.
- Killer Kane Rollups (10) then alternating planks with 1 foot in the air
- Using the towels first do James Browns (inner thighs) then spiderman pushups with your hands on the towels.
- Carrying weights run up and down the stairs (first set I did 45s in both hands so 90lbs. Round 2 I did 25s as I was majorly dragging)
- Using the 2” resistance band stand on it and then pull the other end up to your chest. Do this 10x. Then put the band still under your feet but also on top of your shoulders and do 10 squat hops. Then put it on 1 shoulder and so lunges and then switch legs.
- With your partner do a Steel Bell toss. We used 40lbs, 30lbs and 20lbs. It’s amazing how light 20lbs feels compared to the others! Just keep tossing back and forth.
When you are done - get ready for round 2 where you repeat it all again.
Class was great, but I need to get sleep so I can give more. Tonight I am going to try to go to bed early so I feel rested for boxing!
Hump day - Halfway through!