Went to boxing this morning - and while I don’t mind having a little bruising on my knuckles, today I was focusing on punching harder and as fast as I could over and over (I have some issues I was trying to work out on the bag and the coach when sparring) so as a result, I have like 2 cuts where I actually broke the skin because i am such a maniac.
This is awesome that I was working that hard - but, dude my hand hurts. Might try padding my wraps with sponges on the knuckles tomorrow for Hard Body - or might take it off and just run. So crazy! Anyway here was class:
- 15 min warm up - all exercises (body builders, running, jumping jacks, squat thrusts, mountain climbers, push ups, sit ups, etc etc) had to be done while holding 2.5lb weights in each hand. Doesn’t sound that heavy, but after 10 min or so it burns like fire. Which is weird. But awesome.
- Heavy bag punch (2x)
- Lumberjacks - basically a sit up holding a 10lb weight where you sit up and bring the weight to the side while lifting your opposite leg in the air, slowly roll back down and repeat on the other side back and forth
- Puerto-Rican planks - you do a regular plank on your forearms, then dip from your hips without moving your arms into a side plank back and forth
- Heavy bag punch (2x)
- mountain climbers with your feet on towels, so it’s really fast and no traction
- push ups while every time you are at the top move your feet and and out on towels
- Spar with coach - injure your knuckles because he is screaming harder, faster, put your legs into it, and so on.
- Heavy bag push across the gym floor
- Bear crawl and crab walk length of gym
- Heavy Bag punch (2x)
- Laying down on the ground, hold a 10lb weight with straight arms above your chest, bring your legs like the letter L straight up lifting the small of your back off the ground. Feel your abs set on fire from the inside out.
- Russian Twists with a 10lb weight
- Heavy Bag Punch (2x)
- Run the stairs
- Mountain Climbers with feet on towels
- Heavy bag Punch (2x)
Class was an hour and twenty minutes, and I was exhausted after. Running is great, but it felt soooooo good to mix it up with a kick ass full body workout today! Almost the end of the week, get your workout in before happy hour!