Hard Body Friday!
Finally! I haven’t made it to a HBF in like three weeks or more - since before I went to Hong Kong! It felt so good to be back! And LAEL joined me for class (although we got in trouble for gossiping 2x)
Today was better than it always is because there were only like 15 people there! So class was only an hour and fifteen minutes, but you got to spar with the coach a little longer than usual. Here it is:
- Warm up - using 2.5 lb weights just like yesterday do the entire warm up (body builders, running laps, flying lunges, mountain climbers, squat thrusts, jumping jacks, and so on) then head to the stairs
- Holding your weights run up and down the stairs
- Next body builders to the stairs, then the stairs, then body builders back to the start
- Squat hops to the stairs, then the stairs, then squat hops back to the start
- Bear Crawl to the stairs, then the stairs, then bear crawl back to the start
- Grab weights, sprint to the stairs, run stairs, then back to the start
So only 5 sets of stairs, which isn’t as bad as it usually is.
After that class was set up as it usually is:
- Heavy bag 2x
- Hold the bosu above your head. Do a press with it. Put it on the ground with your hands on it and do a push up, then repeat
- non-stop body builders
- Spar with the coach
- Mountain climbers with your feet on towels so no friction
- Russian Twists
- Planks/Abs/dealers choice
- Speed Bag
- Heavy Bag (1x)
- Drag yourself across the gym with your feet on a towel only using abs,shoulders,arms - then run down stairs and back - then drag back to start
- Heavy Bag (2x)
- Hop on top of a step with three risers underneath, every time you come down your tush needs to hit the box
Class was awesome, but I didn’t sleep that well and it was my 5th day in a row trying to kill it at the gym, so I probably was only giving 80%. But I still was sweaty and had a good workout, and was glad I was there.
It’s Friday - (every time I type that I hear that awful Rebecca Black song) so go get your workout in before the weekend! Get after it!